Out-Of-School Time in the GLBR
Schools offer a variety of Out-Of-School Time STEM experiences, such as FIRST Robotics and You Be The Chemist, as do STEM-rich institutions and community organizations including the Midland Center for the Arts, the Delta College Planetarium in Bay City, the Mt. Pleasant Discovery Museum, Beaverton Activity Center, and the Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum in Saginaw.
“Programs such as Math in the Mail allow parents to have an equal opportunity to engage in learning with their children”
– Lori Flippin, STEM Initiative Leader
Request For Proposal Mini Grants
Out of School Time Resources
Action Plan Priorities
- Increase alignment of educator professional development (PD) and curriculum content across the in-school and out-of-school time system/s. Support high quality STEM curriculum, computer science offerings & related content for ALL educators.
- Increase access to grant opportunities and other funding resources
- Increase scale and awareness of high quality OST STEM learning experiences & programs
- Increase access and equity of high quality OST STEM learning experiences.